Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday Afternoon With Kev

I love listening to music on weekends. I recently picked up an Apple iPod and absolutely love it. I have the 20 gigabyte version and have been putting my CD collection into it for a week and the thing is still not half-full.

If you haven't taken a look at one of these marvels, yet, you should. You can arrange your songs by title, artist, genre, your own rating system, album, etc. Couple that with the "shuffle" feature and you've got yourself quite a music machine. Did I mention that you can create your own playlists? Last weekend I emceed the Tara High Class of 1975 Reunion and got myself into the mood for it by listening to music of that period, all day Saturday, while I was making some notes for the party.

I say all of that only to say that right now, as I am writing this, I am sitting at my computer desk, at home, and listening to "In The Digital Mood" by The Glenn Miller Orchestra. These are not the "original" Miller recordings, but recordings made in the 80s by the "present-day" Glenn Miller Orchestra. They use Glenn's original arrangements, though, so they sound just like the originals. 'Ya know, they just don't make music like this anymore. If I'm stopped at a red light and someone is playing "Chatanooga Choo-Choo" really loud, in the car next to me, I'm tipping my hat, not calling for a cop.

Of course, I like rock 'n roll, too.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to yell at the kid next door to TURN IT DOWN!

Later,

Kev.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home